Video featuring Aaron Goonrey, Partner, Lander & Rogers
In a recent interview with ELM’s regular content and workshop contributor, Aaron Goonrey, he again stressed the importance of how to best deal with employee performance issues. His message, as always, is clear and consistent: “employers should deal with performance issues as, and when, they arise”.
Aaron highlights here that employers should get the “buy in to the actual issue itself” of employees when dealing with performance. He cites that employers often face the challenge of “confronting the problem in the first place”. Are you facing these same issues?
You can read more about performance management from Aaron and other contributors in these ELM articles:
- Do not avoid having the “difficult conversation” – be prepared for it
- Do performance improvement plans help to mitigate unfair dismissal claims?
- Could employees claim your performance management process is bullying behaviour?
- 8 practical performance management tips
- How should HR manage under-performing employees at their organisations?
Aaron is a regular presenter on employment law and HR topics, as well as being the author of many workplace relations articles for external publications and Lander & Rogers. In addition, Aaron frequently designs and delivers training programs for clients about the constantly changing employment law landscape, including for HR personnel and people managers. Aaron can be reached directly here.